Ethics Harmonization Across Canada
Time & Location
About the Event
An online panel discussion and Q&A on research ethics harmonization efforts across Canada.
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 Noon to 2pm Central Time Online via Microsoft Teams
Event Link Here
Join us for a roundtable discussion on research ethics harmonization!
Research ethic review board (REB) harmonization efforts have been underway in several jurisdictions across Canada for the last few decades. From the collaborative approaches of British Columbia and Saskatchewan to the centralized methods of Manitoba and Nova Scotia, each province has approached the process in a different way.
The benefits of harmonization include a more transparent, simplified, streamlined, and rapid review process for applicants and reviewers, that removes bureaucratic obstacles to approving important health research projects.
This webinar will provide an opportunity for REBs and other interested parties to learn about the driving forces behind harmonization, the different approaches being implemented and the challenges and successes of harmonization initiatives across jurisdictions.
- Antonia Palmer – CARE (A pan-Canadian Approach to Research Ethics Review) https://ocreb.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/OCREB-AR-2019-2020.pdf
- Freyja Arnason – RITHIM (Research Improvements Through Harmonization In Manitoba) - https://www.rithim.ca/
- Marie-Laurence Tremblay – Nova Scotia Health Research Ethics Office https://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/research-innovation/research-ethics-board-reb
- Samantha Drover – CHEER (Canadian Collaboration for Child Health: Efficiency and Excellence in the Ethics Review of Research) https://cheerchildhealth.ca/
- Terri Fleming – Research Ethics BC - https://researchethicsbc.ca/
- Opening remarks by Karen Dunlop, CEO, Research Manitoba https://researchmanitoba.ca/